Monday, October 1, 2012

My Ego

One time that i can remember my ego being boosted was when i was playing music with my family. My moms side of the family is very musically talented and they used to travel all over the U.S. playing bluegrass. When i was old enough to learn to actually play an instrument they invited me to join in on their practice sessions. I kept improving, and getting better at playing with them, and then one day, they invited me to play a local gig with them. I was honored and graciously accepted. When the day of the gig came up i was super nervous and had crazy butterflies in my stomach. They told me that everything was going to be fine, but in my mind I just knew I was going to mess up. As we started to play I got less and less nervous. Even when I did mess up no body noticed except for me. At the end my grandma was bragging about me to the crowd and it really made me feel good. I have played several more shows with them since, and it makes me feel good every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment