Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Guitar

Guitars have played an important part in my life. I grew up in a traveling bluegrass band and was constantly surrounded by music. I started to play instruments at a very young age. I started playing the violin at the age of 3. I later switched to the mandolin and eventually made my way to the guitar. I would have to say that the guitar is the easiest of the three to play but you can do so many cool things with a guitar. My mom was my main influence for starting to play. She played bluegrass for as long as I could remember and I really liked how she played. My first guitar was a telecaster that I played through an acoustic guitar amp. It sounded terrible but I didn’t care. I learned all the beginner songs and played them constantly. Sweet home Alabama, Back in Black, Smoke on the Water and many other songs could be heard coming from my room in a continuous flow as I got better and better. I then got an Epiphone Les Paul 100 and a Line 6 amp and that was an awesome time. That amp could do just about anything and the Les Paul sounded amazing through it. Over the years I stopped playing as much. I pick up one of my guitars every once in a while and see what I remember and try some new things, but its not like it used to be. I recently got an Epiphone SG and a Marshall tube amp that sound completely amazing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment